Elmsleigh – Par
- 48 bedded accommodation
- En-suites available
- Specialists in Korsakoff’s & End of Life Dementia
- Encouraging dignity, privacy and independence
- Registered for residential and nursing clients
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere for all residents
- Opportunities for exercise and physical activities
- The Home is registered with the Commission for Quality Care (CQC)
- Organised activities: Movement to Music; sing-a-longs; visits by choirs; etc
- Access to specialist medical, nursing, dental, pharmaceutical, chiropody and therapeutic services and hospital and community health care as required
Elmsleigh was established as a care home in 1984 and is situated in one of the most delightful areas of mid-Cornwall to the East of the Fowey River. The Home is set in over three acres of landscaped gardens which are used by our residents.
We are committed to maintaining and improving the quality of our service. With a pleasant, homely environment, Elmsleigh offers a high level of care to all residents, encouraging dignity, privacy and independence.
The home endeavours to remain flexible to changes in life-style and philosophy which may enhance the quality of life of its residents. Separate social areas have been developed to ensure and enrich the residents feeling of well-being. The team at Elmsleigh are commited to ensure citizenship for all.
Nothing was too much trouble
When my husband was diagnosed with Dementia I was devastated. He was my world and he was very quickly starting to forget me. I just couldn’t manage his needs at home any more. When I went and had a look around Elmsleigh and spoke to the very friendly and accommodating manager, who instantly put me at ease with his knowledge and empathy with my situation, I instantly knew this was the home I wanted my husband to be in. The staff were so friendly and looked after me as much as they did the other patients in the home. Being able to walk around the grounds whilst feeling safe with my husband was great, it meant I still had time with him. When the nurse had to talk to me about certain things, she took her time and made sure I understood what was happening. Nothing was too much trouble. I was happy in the knowledge that when I left the home he was having the best care he could have.
Warmest gratitude for all that you all did
Dad was at Elmsleigh for 1 year and 8 months. You looked after him and also looked after me.
Elmsleigh was Dad’s home but also a large chunk of my life. A ‘Thank you’ doesn’t seem enough but it is sent with the warmest gratitude for all that you all did.
Map of the Area
St Andrews Road,
T: 01726 812277